When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Breville coffee machines have their own error-indicating systems. This makes them one of the best coffee machine brands in the market. One of those systems is the flashing lights on the interface. These lights vary for different options like brew or cleaning indicators. If your Breville clean descale light flashing or blinking, do not worry, I have got a solution for you.
There are two types of light flash on clean and descale on the interface. If the light flashes for some moments, this sequence indicates the machine’s need for cleaning. If the light turns ON and stays, this sequence tells you to descale the machine.
Further in this article, you will get to know more about the descaling and cleaning of the Breville coffee machine. Just make sure you follow the steps to the dot and you’ll crush it. So, stick around till the end.
Breville Clean Descale Light Flashing or Blinking – Problem Solved
Here are two methods explained on what to do if your Breville clean descale light flashing or blinking. You can either do cleaning or descaling and the problem will be fixed.
Step-by-Step: How To Descale The Breville Coffee Machine?
If you notice the light staying ON on the clean descale interface, you will need to descale your machine right away. To make it more simple for you, I will give you all the necessary measures you need to take to descale the machine. Follow these steps;
- First off, you need to acquire a descaling solution. Make sure that you do not make your own using white vinegar. White Vinegar damages the machine, that is why it is not advised to use.
- You will now need to dissolve the descaling solution in the water with a 1-to-1 ratio. The descaling solution will be poured into the water tank.
- Put the descaling solution with water in the water tank of the Breville espresso machine.
- Make sure all the functions of your machine are turned off.
- Press and hold the double cup brew option and the power buttons on the machine interface for about 5 seconds. This will render the descaling mode ON.
- Press and hold the single brew on the interface for 25 to 30 seconds to get the descaling solution inside the filter.
- Initiate the hot water sequence of the machine for 10 seconds.
- Set the steamer’s interface to ON.
- Repeat the above two steps until the water and the solution are completely out of the water tank.
- If the tank gets empty, turn the machine OFF and unplug it. Your machine will be descaled once you plug it back and the light will be OFF.
Step-by-Step: How To Clean The Breville Coffee Machine?
When the clean descale light on your Breville espresso machine starts flashing, it needs instant cleaning. You will need things like a cleaning disk and some cleaning tablets to clean this machine of yours. Follow these given steps once you have the required things;
- Open and take out the filter basket part of your Breville espresso machine.
- Place the cleaning disk on the filter basket and insert the basket back into the portafilter.
- Take a cleaning tablet and place it on the cleaning disk. This tablet will clean the insides of your machines and rid you of any coffee remains.
- Make sure your machine’s portafilter is locked and that all its functions are turned off. But, do not unplug it.
- Press and hold single brew, double brew, and the power buttons on the interface for 3 to 5 seconds. It will give you some sort of signal once the machine is in cleaning mode.
- When the cleaning cycle of the espresso machine is finished, the espresso machine will either beep or some lights will come on.
- Before unplugging the machine to restart it, you need to make sure it is cleaned. For this, you will have to open the portafilter and check if the cleaning tablet is still there.
- If the cleaning tablet is not completely dissolved, you will have to repeat the above steps until it is done.
- You will have to pass warm fresh water through the portafilter after the process to rinse it.
- After the cleaning process, unplug the espresso machine and plug it in again to start brewing coffee again without any lights flashing.
Get Help From Video: Breville Clean Descale Light Flashing or Blinking
What To Do If The Clean Descale Light Stays ON After Descaling Or Cleaning?
The clean descale light on the Breville espresso machine remains ON many times even after the process. This happens mainly because either you did some mistake in the process or your machine has some kind of miscellaneous error.
As a result, most of the time, the lights turn OFF and the error disappears after unplugging the machine. It will be back to normal once you plug it in again after a while.
But, if it still stays ON, you will have to repeat the process, but without any descaling solution or cleaning tablet. Make sure to thoroughly follow the steps carefully. This will solve the problem for most of the readers.
In rare cases, if it still stays ON, then it is pretty much out of your hands and you need to call for professional help. They will solve your problem for you without a hassle because they know their way around things like these.
Why is my Breville descaling light blinking?
There are different types of light blinking in Breville espresso machines. The most common ones are the descale clean and the steam wand blocked.
In the descale, you simply need to clean or descale the machine. In the steam wand-blocked, you will have to clear the blockade. The lights for descale will be labeled clean and the steam wand will be labeled milk foam.
Make sure you learn how to use the Breville espresso machine properly. So that in the future you can avoid any kind of mistakes while brewing coffee and espresso.
Breville espresso machines are one of the best coffee machines in the world. Their user-friendly interface makes it really easy to operate the machine. The light error indicators keep the machine going because they render the user to fulfill the need at the time.
The light blinking or flashing may not seem alarming at first, but the issues they indicate must not be ignored. This is because, in the future, these issues could turn into something harmful to your machine.