[Fixed] Keurig 2.0 Water Under Pressure Won’t Go Away
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When “water under pressure” appears on your Keurig machine, it typically indicates that water cannot flow smoothly through the needle. This could be due to a clog or blockage in the needle because of your grounded coffee.
So, how to fix Keurig 2.0 water under pressure? You can either clean the needle with an orange maintenance cup to resolve this issue, or you can clean the needle yourself with a paperclip.
It’s essential to regularly clean the needle to avoid this issue and maintain the quality of your coffee.
Let’s take a look at this solution in detail so that you can fix Keurig 2.0 water under pressure issue at home. So, let’s get down to a step-by-step tutorial.
How Does Water Pressure Work In The Keurig 2.0?
The Keurig 2.0 coffee maker uses pressurized water to brew coffee. When you start the brewing process, water is drawn from the reservoir and forced through a heating element, which heats it to the appropriate temperature.
The hot water is then pressurized and forced through the K-Cup, extracting the coffee and dispensing it into your cup. The pressure ensures that the coffee is brewed quickly and efficiently, resulting in a delicious cup of coffee.
The following are some warning signs that your Keurig machine’s needle may be getting stuck, which ultimately means that Keurig 2.0 water under pressure issue.
- Slow brewing time: If your coffee takes longer to brew than usual, a clogged needle could be the cause.
- Reduced water flow: If you notice that your Keurig is dispensing less water than usual, it may be due to a clogged needle.
- Poor coffee quality: If your coffee tastes weak or has grounds in it, it could be a sign that the needle is clogged and not properly piercing the K-cup.
- Loud brewing noises: If you hear unusual noises during the brewing process, it could indicate that the needle is having difficulty piercing the K-cup.
If you notice any of these early signs, it’s a good idea to clean the needle using an orange maintenance cup or a paperclip to prevent further clogging and maintain the quality of your coffee.
How to Fix Keurig 2.0 Water Under Pressure?
Method 1: Needle Cleaning of Keurig 2.0 Using An Orange Maintenance Cup
To clean the needle of your Keurig machine using an orange maintenance cup, follow these steps:
- The first and most important step is to power off your Keurig and unplug it.
- You will have an orange maintenance cup with Keurig accessories, find it and fill the silicone bulb with water.
- Open up the brew head by lifting the handle and placing the orange maintenance cup into the pod holder while arrows point downwards.
- Now, five times, raise and lower the lid. This will rinse off any kind of dirt and coffee particle from the needle.
- Take out the orange cup and if you look inside that cup, you will notice the water is contaminated.
- After needle cleansing, you have to turn on the coffee maker and run 2-3 hot water cycles immediately. Before starting the cycles, take out the pods and check that there is enough water in the reservoir.
- Your coffee maker is now operational.
This process should help remove any build-up or debris from the needle and improve the performance of your Keurig machine. It’s recommended to clean the needle using the orange maintenance cup every 2-3 months to prevent clogging and maintain the quality of your coffee.
Method 2: Needle Cleaning of Keurig 2.0 Using A Paper Clip
To clean the needle of your Keurig 2.0 using a paper clip, follow these steps:
- Unplug your Keurig machine and remove the K-cup holder.
- Locate the needle that punctures the K-cup. It will be a small metal tube located at the top of the K-cup holder.
- Put one end of a straight paper clip into the needle.
- Gently move the paper clip up and down to dislodge any debris or clogs that may be present.
- Once you’ve finished cleaning the needle, use a damp cloth to wipe down the K-cup holder and remove any remaining debris.
- Reattach the K-cup holder and plug in your machine.
Watch This Video: Keurig 2.0 Water Under Pressure Won’t Go Away
This process should help remove any debris or clogs from the needle and improve the performance of your Keurig 2.0 machine. It’s recommended to clean the needle using a paper clip every 1-3 months to prevent clogging and maintain the quality of your coffee.
Keep in mind that using this method may void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. So it’s best to check the user manual before attempting to clean the needle using a paper clip.
Another Solution – Replace The Needle Gasket
If you are lethargic enough that you cannot bother to clean the needle by yourself, or you are unable to fix the problem, here is another solution. Simply purchase a new needle gasket and replace the old one. It’s very cheap and easy to install rather than going for a new machine.
Keurig 2.0 water under pressure indicates a blockage or clog in the needle, which can be caused by ground coffee or other debris. Regular needle cleaning is important to prevent this issue and ensure that your coffee is brewed correctly.
You can clean the needle by using three methods:
- Use an orange maintenance cup
- A paperclip
- Replacement of the gasket
By following the recommended cleaning intervals and techniques, you can ensure that your Keurig machine continues to function effectively and produce high-quality coffee.