DeLonghi Dedica Descale Light Won’t Go OFF – Fixed
DeLonghi is one of the most recognized brands of espresso machines. One of the benefits that make it so recognized is the error indicators i.e., Lights on the interface, etc. One of those lights is for the descale requirement indication.
But, sometimes even when you descale the machine, the light stays ON. If you are facing the same problem, DeLonghi Dedica descale light won’t go OFF, here is the answer.
The DeLonghi Dedica descale turns ON when it needs descaling. But, if even after descaling it does not turn OFF, it means that the process was not completed. This simply means that you missed a step while descaling the machine. So, a quick fix would be to descale it again.
Further in this article, you will get to know more about the descaling process and the descale light on the interface of the machine. So, make sure to stick around till the end.
Why Is Descaling The Espresso Machine Important?
Descaling your espresso machine is considered one of the most important processes to keep your machine going. This is because after continuous espresso brewing the residues of espresso beans start to get stuck in the machine. These residues and remains could hinder the functionality of your machine and could even ruin it.
This is one of the main reasons descaling your espresso machine is important. Another reason could be to maintain your espresso machine and keep the extra harmful remains out of your brew. That pretty much covers all of it.
Step-by-Step: How To Descale Your DeLonghi Dedica Espresso Machine?
If your DeLonghi Dedica Descale light won’t go OFF, you should try the proper method for descaling. Descaling your DeLonghi Dedica coffee maker is relatively easy as compared to other machines. But, first, before getting on to it, you will need a descaling solution, make sure you are not making your own using vinegar.
Vinegar could sometimes damage the insides of your machines, so refrain from using it. Once you have the solution, just follow these simple steps to descale your machine;
- In the first step, you will have to put a container under the outlet of the machine. This container will be used to collect water or the used solution that will descale the machine.
- Once you have placed the cups, now put the descaling solution in the water tank of the machine. As for its volume, it could be 3 ounces of descaling solution and water.
- Press and hold the descaling button on the machine interface for about 5 seconds. This will put the machine in descale mode.
- For the next part, you will need to turn the steam knob OFF on the machine and wait for the machine to complete the descaling process.
- When the DeLonghi machine completes the descaling cycle, it uses all of the descaling solutions. In this case, you will see the refill light turned ON.
- In this step, you will take out the water tank and empty it. After this, place it back in the machine.
- Use warm fresh water to refill the water tank.
- Start the brew cycle to rinse your machine’s insides.
- When the rinsing cycle is done, empty the water tank and turn the steam knob OFF.
- Unplug the machine and then plug it back in.
- Refill the water tank and start brewing espresso once again.
- Keep in mind that the whole of this process could take up to 30 minutes. So, be patient while you are carrying it out.
Watch This Video: DeLonghi Dedica Descale Light Won’t Go OFF
How Often Should You Descale Your DeLonghi Espresso Maker
Descaling your espresso machine is very important, so descaling it often should not be a hassle for you. If you want your machine to be functional for a longer period, you will need to descale it frequently.
Frequently does not necessarily mean that you would have to descale it after every brew. It simply means that you should descale it after some number of brews that could leave some residue in it. This number could vary with the type of machine you are using.
But, in most or almost all cases, descaling your espresso machine after 40 to 45 brews would be optimal. In this period, the machine will not have that much remaining of the coffee and will be easy to descale.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I reset my DeLonghi descale light?
Descale light on the DeLonghi espresso machine indicates that your machine needs a descale right away.
So, you can get rid of the light on the interface by simply descaling the machine. The simplest way would be to press and hold the descaling button for 5 seconds until the descaling mode is initiated and the light is gone.
Why won’t the descale light go OFF?
If the DeLonghi Dedica Descale light won’t go OFF and stays ON even after descaling it, it means the descaling process did not complete.
Simply put, the process was not recognized by the machine because some of its steps were not done properly. The easiest way to fix this is to descale the machine again by thoroughly going through every step.
What happens if you don’t descale the espresso machine?
Descaling your espresso machine is important because it maintains the health of your machine. If you do not descale it, the pathways in the machine will get clogged, the functionalities will be hindered.
Ultimately, your machine will be unable to brew any coffee and will become just a piece of junk. So, think twice before not descaling it.
A DeLonghi espresso machine is one of the best on the market, so you don’t want to see it malfunction. The most effective way to maintain your machine is to descale it. One of the best features of the machine is the light that indicates its need.
However, if you see your DeLonghi Dedica descale light won’t go OFF then follow the above guidelines and make sure you do a proper cleaning. Similarly, it’s important to know the espresso machine parts so you can handle your machine professionally.
Meanwhile, problems with espresso machines are common. So, you don’t have to worry about them. As espresso machines are made with high-quality material and high precision, they only required less effort to fix them.